Saturday, September 10, 2011

Boots & boas

here are some cell phone pics :)

   

I am in the blue 

and the bottom one i am on the right :) 



This morning I ran a 5k, boots and boas 5k to be exact! It is to help 2 battered women shelters, which you  know I am all for that! (and yes, I am still volunteering to help women in the hospital due to domestic violence)  I went with two friends from church. It was great!  I was super nervous because I haven't ran since my last 5k. I really wanted to do good! My secret goal was to do 37 minutes or less. Well that didn't happen. I finished around 40 minutes. Which is still decent, especially since I haven't ran for 3 weeks. I wish I could have done better. But sometimes I just have a really hard time focusing on running, and today was one of those days. But I do feel like it motivated me to start running 3 or 4 times a week! I hope to stay motivated and continue running through the winter! I really want to continue to build my tolerance?? is that the word? Stamina. I think stamina is the word. I want to be able to run long runs and go like 6 miles, 10 miles! That would be awesome! Let's hope I can stay motivated and start running more frequently again!

No comments:

Post a Comment