Thursday, May 10, 2012

My TTC journey in a nutshell

 I stopped taking birth control in November 2010, because Jordan and I decided we were ready to have a baby!  I got my period in December (the very next month) but I didn't get my period January 2011, I was super excited and thought oh man! I am pregnant!! I took a pregnancy test, it was negative. I got nervous, I really wanted to be pregnant, but deep down I knew something was wrong. I never got a period, and after 4 months I went to the doctor to discover I had PCOS (which I wasn't totally suprised since my sister has it too) I got on metformin, and didn't lose any weight, even though I felt like I was trying really really  hard! Can you say frustrating?!  And I still  never got my period!

 Life went on and I lots of research but I never really changed any habits. Then one day at work a girl I had only talked to a couple times had overheard me talking about not being able to get pregnant, and she later stopped me and told me about how her sister struggled and one month after juicing and eating non processed foods she was pregnant!  ( I know God brought us together), she told me about her story and her sisters story and juicing and eating non processed food and a lot of fruits and veggies REALLY helped their health! I was intrigued and loved it! her sister got pregnant the very next month after she started doing this! I WAS SOLD!! Me and her went to lunch a couple times, talked all about juicing, and eating healthier and I got super excited about this new journey I wanted to start! I started juicing in October and I started ovulating and getting my menstrual cycle in October! I juiced 4 times and got my cycle back!! I knew this was my answer. I had felt God calling me to the natural remedies through my whole journey. God is so amazing! Seriously. I can't say it enough how amazing He is.
 My cycle lengths started out being 46 days, then 43 days, and then the last two months they were 36 days! :)
I started juicing, and eating low glycemic index foods. Those are the only two changes I have made. I think juicing is what really kick started my body and eating the low glycemic index foods helped my insulin stay down and not surge (which is an issue with PCOS, mine definitely stems from insulin resistance)

Ok so I totally feel like this is an infomercial or something.  I can't describe to you how awesome I feel about consistantly getting my period and knowing that pregnancy is just around the corner!! I went from feeling like it was so far away,and now I know it is just around the corner! :)

Yay to healthy eating!! Now if I could just lose me some darn weight!!

1 comment: