Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Yep. I am "one of those"

So in a previous post I talked "juicing" when I told someone that I started juicing they said " the first think I think of is that you are breastfeeding" LOL! I decided that I am trying the hallelujah diet. Which is basically vegan, and all natural diet. I really feel like this could jump start my hormones and start making them function properly. I met this girl at work and we got to talking and I found out that she had cervical cancer, and the doctors wanted to do surgery to remove it, the surgery would not allow her to ever be able to have kids,  she went online and started researching, and found this hallelujah diet. Her doctor told her that he would allow her 4 months to "try other options." she went on this diet, and she went back in and the voila the cancer was gone! And now she is pregnant!

SOLD!

 So that is how I heard about it.

I know I can't follow it 100% because well lets face it... who follows a diet 100%. but so far I have started juicing, and eating vegan, with the exception of sour cream yesterday. I am really feeling energized! It took a little bit longer than I thought to start feeling the energy come back, but I have been juicing consistently for probably about a week now. And eating vegan for almost a week. And the energy is really starting to flow through me! I am so excited for this journey and to see where it leads me!

Right now my favorite things to eat are...

grapes
Raw almonds
pita bread, hummus & baby spinach
banana
apple
peanut butter


I am trying to really stay away from carb things, even if its all natural. The diet really wants you to focus on fruits and vegetables, so I have been trying to do that. The other day I made a banana, strawberry and (a small amount) baby spinach smoothie! It was really good! I made too much, but it was mighty tasty!

  I drink the veggie juice about twice a day. I try to make 20 ounces a day, so 2 10 ounce glasses. I think i want to up it to 24 so 3 8 ounce glasses a day. I really feel energized after drinking that. My juice is carrots, baby spinach (or celery) and an apple. I will be honest. I liked it at first (because I envisioned that it would be the most disgusting thing ever) and now I am getting sick of it. but it makes me feel good drinking it, so I will continue on, and I think after time I will enjoy it! I know I enjoy the energy from it! That is for sure! I normally ALWAYS nap after work, well yesterday after work I wasn't really tired, but I just felt like i wanted to nap so  I laid down wide awake, and eventually napped for only like 45 minutes, which is really good for me! And I woke up full of energy. I am thoroghly enjoying this so far!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing awesome!! I'm sure there are tons of juicing recipes out there, and changing it up will help with drinking more each day! You'll have to share all your juicing recipes with us one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that this change in diet will be good for you, though I'm not a huge fan of that diet. I was on it with my family for a couple years and it did more harm than good for my sister. But you can't go wrong with more whole foods and fresh veggies! :)

    ReplyDelete