Monday, March 3, 2014

What do I want to accomplish?

Today was the second day I went to the gym.  I am two for two! Woot woot! It was the first time I dropped Adeline off at the gym's daycare they told me "she did good, for it being her first time." She is a mama's girl. :)


The first day I worked out at the gym I was really insecure, felt like I didn't belong, I was afraid to work up too much of a sweat afraid my fat would jiggle too much, afraid people would judge me.

Today was much better. I went in, was a lot more confident. It was forced confidence but confidence non the less. I hopped on the treadmill, warmed up, ran a pathetic amount, walked and then moved on to the weight machines.

I can't wait until I can see a difference! I feel like my day is a little longer now since going to the gym  (I know.. its only been two days! haha)

I am going to make this a habit. I am going to make this our ritual. This is a lifestyle change. (note to self: repeat until you believe)

picture from helpwithweightloss.org



What do I want to accomplish by going to the gym?

1. Most importantly, self confidence. My self confidence has never been so low. And I want it back. I can't stand how insecure I am!! If someone looks at me I want to melt into the wall! And that is not who I am. I love to laugh, I love to have fun! I used to enjoy being the center of attention. Now all I think is "oh I bet they think she has gotten so fat."       I want to be comfortable in my own skin and be confident again.

2. Get to wedding weight!

3. Get fit & healthy

4. Get alone time. I feel that ever since I had Adeline I lost myself in motherhood. I never looked in the mirror. I never took more than 3 seconds to put an outfit together. I don't really ever go anywhere without Adeline. So I think going to the gym working on myself and getting alone time will be great for me! :)




1 comment:

  1. So great! I know that even for people who go frequently, you feel like everyone is staring at you at the gym. It's taken me years to get over that...and now that I'm sporting a big ol baby bump I'm self conscious all over again. People LOVE to stare at the preggo working out. haha. It's definitely hard to ignore, but I know I'm doing what's best for me...and they can stare away. Proud of you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete