Saturday, December 8, 2012

36 weeks! Dec 8th



How far along: 36 weeks 
Total weight gain: 35 lbs roughly
Maternity clothes: I have been wearing the belly band since I was about 10 weeks. I only have a couple maternity tops, and my pickings are REALLY slim now days!! 

Best moment of the week: My sisters baby shower! 
Food cravings: chocolate
Food aversions: nothing.. go figure.. :) 
Symptoms: 

boobs sore- no
cramps- nope
tiredness-I get tired easily, but thats about it.
irritability- I have my days...
acne- none!
bloat- a little swelling
burning muscle pain in upper abdomen- gone
boob leaking- I had this happen again! 

*warning of TMI- my lady bits have been feeling bruised!! I don't understand why.. but it is slightly annoying! But fun to know I am getting so close to birth and that is probably part of the reason! 
 Movement:  less, but she is moving, 
Gender: Girl! 
What I’m looking forward to: becoming full term... one more week! 
What I miss: bending over with ease. :) being thinner! No stretchmarks
Next appt: Dec 12th
How big is baby:  Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

(taken from babycenter.com)

3 comments:

  1. Almost to the home stretch! Remember as it gets harder for you that the outcome is a healthy baby girl - - so very worth it! Looking forward to "meeting" little miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO close! January is going to be here so soon and so will baby girl! I can't wait to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! So close to being able to hold her in your arms. What a Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete