Monday, April 16, 2012

a workshop experience


I went to a photography workshop with one of my favorite photographers  (she was teacher) Michelle At the end of March. It was so much fun! There was so much that we covered and so many awesome stories shared! I can't even begin to talk about it, but we basically started from the beginning and worked through through post production. I LOVE watching other photographers in post production, not because I want to copy them, but I taught myself. 100% the first time I started editing, it would take me 4 hours to do one photo, and I always ended up undoing everything I did, and restarting the 4 hour process over again, ON THE SAME PHOTO!! haha. So to see what they do, and compare to what I do, and get validation that I do it the same way they do, well just makes me feel good about myself, and gives me conformation that I am doing it right. :) 

Sometimes I have a hard time in groups of people,  I get nervous, I fear that once I leave they will talk about how dumb or annoying I am. Weird I know. I am better off with like one or two other people.  I just get shy, and instead of involving myself, I back off and hope I am invisible. This is such a new thing for me, I never used to be like that. I used to LOVE being center of attention. I actually think it all ties in with my lower self esteem I have been struggling with lately, because of my weight gain. 


It was a lot of fun to be a part of a group photographing the couple. It is such a great experience! And I look forward to doing many more workshops, and hopefully developing friendships with people from the workshop! 

Here are some pictures that I took during our photo walk with a "live couple" :) :















No comments:

Post a Comment