Saturday, June 30, 2012

12 week bumpdate!


see the little stretch marks on my side? :( but I decided to be real with how I look and not edit them out) 


my husband took these pictures, 'scuse the blurriness, I grabbed him quick before he ran to work. :)

I look soo pale, eeks!




How far along:
 12 weeks! 
How big is baby: The baby is just over 2 inches! About the size of a lime!! This week it is developing reflexes!! :) 
Total weight gain: 5 lbs. I am a little sad about that. but I am hoping now that my sickness is gone and I am getting energy back that I can even out a little more and not gain very much in the second trimester. :) My goal is 5 lbs. My doctor suggested I gain around 20 lbs. I would like to have 10 lbs to gain in the third trimester, because from what people have told me, it is hard/impossible not to gain a lot of weight in the 3rd trimester. :) 
Maternity clothes:  wearing the belly band!
Sleep: It has been fine, still waking up once a night to go to the bathroom. Starting to get uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach, but still sleeping on it! 
Best moment of the week: hearing the heartbeat for the first time! 160 bpm!! Actually having energy to do things! :) Scheduling the 20 week ultrasound!! Knowing I am in the safer zone!! 
Food cravings: MILK!!!  I cannot get enough! Mainly chocolate milk!! 
Food aversions: Juicing, and strawberries now... :(
Symptoms: 
boobs sore- it is lessoning! 
cramps- have started to pick back up the last couple days
tiredness- lessoning!
irritability- lessoning!! 
acne- still the same, lessoning but prevalent 
bloat- hard to say, belly? baby? bloat? all? :) I definitely bloat after i eat! :) burning muscle pain in upper abdomen- lessoning, but still have spurts of a lot of pain. 
Movement: none yet! 
Gender: 8 weeks 1 day til we find out!
What I’m looking forward to: My growing belly, finding out gender, feeling movement! 
What I miss: nothing at the moment! LOVE LOVE LOVE knowing there is a little baby in my belly!! It is just the most amazing thing ever!!!!
Next appt: July 25th! :) With my new midwife! My first appointment I saw a midwife, she was ok, but I think her not being able to find the baby, left me not really wanting to see her again. I saw an MD on June 26th and I didn't like her at all. We just didn't mesh well. So I am now going to a hospital/clinic 2 mile from my house (or 2 miles) a midwife I met at the baby fair and I know we have a lot in common and she totally agrees with a lot of views! :) yay! Can't wait for that! 

3 comments:

  1. Finding a Doctor or Midfwife that you connect with is SO important. My Doctor is someone that nobody I knew went to or has had any experience but I kind of felt in my gut that she was going to be good. She is an older Woman, has been rated Top Doctor a few years in the Mpls magazine.

    I was so nervous to meet her. Turns out, she is probably the BEST Doctor I've ever met. She was just so informative, thorough & sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 12 weeks! Looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great and stretch marks are part of it all (I call them my tiger stripes, LOL)

    ReplyDelete