Monday, June 25, 2012

taking action, being accountable and doing random acts of kindess

I feel Like I have totally been called out today! I was looking at pinterest when I ran across this blog post/pin.

http://tsjphotography.com/blog/random-acts-of-christmas-kindness-summary/


it is all about RACKs (random acts of Christmas kindess). This mom and her kids set out to do one random act of kindness each day until Christmas. They taped candy canes to ATM's, quarters to meters, etc.


I have ALWAYS wanted to do stuff like this ever since I listened to Joyce Meyer's Love Revolution about a year ago. I have wanted to hand out grocery store gift cards, caribou, starbucks gift cards with like a business card type saying something like "Jesus loves you" or something cooler than that... but you get the drift. Hoping to touch someone somewhere and help them out.

But I have been full of excuses. I tend to tell my husband and pass it off onto his shoulders thinking "well if he wants to do it he will" not on purpose, but I realize that is what I do. He is so much more organized than me, and he is a "go getter". So I tell him something and unconsciously think "well if it touches him he will take action and we will do it." Well I don't think that is the case, I think he has a hard time of deciphering between my dreams and if I really want to do it. LOL. I tell him things all the time, and I never do them. I have the best of intentions to do them, but I never do. UGH, isn't that awful?! I need to start being accountable for myself. I can't rely on my husband to make sure that the things I want to do, and I am inspired by happen.

Reading that blog I was like what if people thought they were just fliers and totally threw them away, or didn't appreciate them or didn't park in the meter!! (they "plugged" parking meters! Or the list goes on and on in my head... and today I realized it doesn't matter! Its all a poor excuse. The people you are able to reach is what matters. The people who appreciate it. It doesn't have to have anything spriritual on it at all. Or when I hear about people paying for others at restaurants or drive thru's I am touched by that and think I need to do that, but I don't.. TODAY LEARNING I NEED TO TAKE ACTION! :)

I am going to do something. I am promising the blogosphere that. I get a biweekly allowance (budgeted out, by both my husband and I) that I often times just spend on random crap. Often times going out to eat with friends and co workers, or movies and junk food. I can actually use that money and help others!
Anyways, I am super excited about this, and that pin/blog post totally inspired me!!

You will be hearing from me soon about something I did, not to brag about it, or pat myself on the back, but I need to hold myself accountable. Hopefully my kids will read my blog someday and be inspired by things I did as well.

I will do this. I think I will set out to do one thing today. Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment