Monday, April 25, 2011

Consistent failure

"It’s not what we do occasionally that makes the difference. It’s what we do consistently" (found at Ronis weigh blog)

I read this quote, and I love it!! But it got me thinking... what do I do consistantly?

My first thought? FAIL!

I have all of these plans and ideas, and "I'm gonna do it for real this time" and I really truly want to! I can never get a consistency down and I always fail at them. I tried reading the bible in 90 days... FAILED. MISERABLY! I am still in Leviticus and the 90 days have came and went! I wanted to read the Easter reading bible plan. I started it 3 days before Easter with the intent of reading 2 days every day. FAIL. I want to give up sugar... FAIL. I want to give up carbs.. FAIL. I want to give up caffeine...FAIL. I want to walk 6 days a week... FAIL. I want to run 3 days a week... FAIL. I want to lose 30 lbs by summer... FAIL. It is so frustrating. I want to be consistent in all of these things! I want to take at least 1 amazing picture a day... FAIL. I want to do a manicure on myself once a week.. FAIL. I want to take Porky on a walk 6 days a week.. FAIL. I want to train him 15 minutes a day 6 days a week.. FAIL.

Okay I am sure you get my point. I am consistantly failing at my ideas, sometimes it really gets to me. I want to be thin, well dressed, well presented, fit, the worlds most amazing photographer, the worlds most amazing wife, the worlds most amazing mother, the utmost dedicated to God every day. I don't want to sacrifice any of these things I want it all. And it is so hard for me to prioritize! I know God should come first and reading the bible should come first but I think to myself "I am so sick of looking at my fat self I really should/need to put exercise and eating right first and at the same time make" well then that doesn't work out so then everything FAILS. If I am not eating right and working out I won't ever get pregnant (because I am an infertile turtle).

Well unfortunately I haven't found magic to make all of these things happen and for me to succeed in these things yet.. but I did find things I am consistantly good at...

loving my husband
loving my Porkchop(puppy)
loving my family
being available to talk to people when they need to
putting myself in someone elses shoe
understanding
picking up my house
kissing my porkchop (puppy)
thinking of ways to better myself
always striving for more and better



Michelle Huber Photography

3 comments:

  1. I think the key to success is finding things you want to do and setting a goal that you can realistically do. I have a calendar that I use specifically to track when I run/walk or some other goal I am working on. I even give myself rewards for completing 5 of whatever I am working on. You are not a failure. You can do whatever you put your mind to! I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I bet you are doing much better than you think. Take one little goal at a time and celebrate the little accomplishments.

    I love the pictures in this post, by the way.

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! Reward yourself for small goals, not just the big stuff. Lose 5lbs, get a shirt you want. Went a week without sugar, buy yourself a new pair of sandals. See what I'm getting at? I know you are determined and you will succeed!

    ReplyDelete