Friday, April 29, 2011

Thoughts on marriage -wedding post

thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?





The easiest part about marriage.. well that is a tough one. I don't know if I would say there is an "easiest" I think the most fun about marriage is always having someone there to tell your story too, always having someone there to smile at/with, laugh at/with, role your eyes at/with, cry with, sit with, hug with, cuddle with. Always someone there by your side no matter what. That is what marriage is all about. I think some (there are circumstances in everything and situations) people are so selfish. Marriage is all about the other person. If you think to yourself " I am getting married so MY needs can be met" well I am sorry to tell you that you either need to re adjust your thinking, or your headed for divorce. Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes, we all are crazy, we all fall short in some way. Marriage is sticking through that, marriage is seeing past that. So if someone says " I will stay with you until you no longer meet my needs" well then it is inevitable that they will part ways. 




I always have to tell/remind myself that marriage is not about the "I" game. "I do this... I do this... I do that... I am this way..." instead if I would TRULY tried and got to know my husband and what made him tick, how his thought process works we wouldn't really run into many issues at all and have a mind boggling good marriage!   


NOW with all that being said... IT has to go both ways. One person can't GIVE GIVE GIVE GIVE and the other TAKE TAKE TAKE. That would just lead to utter disaster. 


So hmmm the hardest part... learning to understand/accept the way my husband thinks and sees things. 






if I could change anything would I? No, because after every storm there is a rainbow that makes it all worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment