Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wedding Challenge- The reception

9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?




The reception was at The legion in my hometown. I wish it could have been a little nicer of a place, but at the same time, I couldn't fathom spending too much money just on the location. I tried to always keep in mind that the wedding was about how much Jordan and I loved each other, and that we were vowing to spend the rest of our lives together. It is so easy to get caught up in the wedding and want everything perfect and go tens of thousands of dollars in debt, and that is just not what I wanted. We had a beautiful,small (50 guests),elegant ceremony and the reception was around 200 people. My family is huge and I wanted to make sure everyone could come! And the compromise for the hubby and I was small ceremony and  big reception. His side of the family is very small, where I have 200 people in my family. So anyways I digress... I liked it at the legion, I wasn't too concerned with the looks of it, i wanted to make sure that we had an awesome DJ (which we totally did) and the food was good and good cupcakes! :) I decided to cut from the budget a little bit and not hire the professional photographer for the reception, since all I did was dance the entire night anyway. So the pictures are limited. My mom and sister and I worked really hard at decorating the place and I think it turned out AWESOME. We got married on a Saturday August 22, 2009. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment